Michele L. W. Thackrah, AIA, LEED® AP, Principal
Michele L. W. Thackrah, AIA, LEED AP is a Principal of the firm and leader of its growing hospitality design practice. Her expertise is in the design, documentation and management of highly-detailed environments, primarily high-end residential. Before joining Archer & Buchanan in 2002, Ms. Thackrah honed her professional skills in well-respected design firms in Washington DC and Philadelphia.
During her career, she has been involved in all aspects of architectural practice, from programming and design through construction administration. She has worked on exquisite additions and large-scale residences, all with consideration for the historic and local precedents of the region. This experience has given her substantial knowledge of the process and documentation necessary for thoughtful, streamlined projects.
Ms. Thackrah’s fluency with furniture and fabric brings an artful integration of architecture and interior design to the firm’s work. Her technical skills make her a natural leader of the firm’s AutoCAD documentation standards, and her initiative and resourcefulness will guide the expansion of the firm’s hospitality practice.
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Architecture
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., Architecture
- American Institute of Architects
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Institute of Classical Architecture & Classical America
- Delaware Valley Green Building Council
- Chester County Chamber Business & Industry, Women in Business Committee
- Penn State Professional Women’s Network of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association
Awards and Fellowships:
- Pennsylvania Society of American Registered Architects, Design Excellence Award 2010
- National Society of American Registered Architects, Honor Award 2010
- LEED Certificate of Completion, U.S. Green Building Council
New Construction and Major Renovation
- Kossman Thesis Award, Honorable Mention – Pennsylvania State University
- Architectural Study Abroad, Rome, Italy – Pennsylvania State University
- LEED Accredited Professional